©twocats-miaow

a blog in the English language especially for my English speaking friends all over the world. This Blog is best viewed in a Mozilla Browser. For some strange reason, Internet Explorer is messing up my site. If you scroll down, you can read the blogs I already wrote. Thank you ;)

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 by twocatsdesign
I was in my bathroom around 10.30 when I heard a lot of sirens. We live very nearby a highway and my first thought was that a major accident had happened at the highway. But when I turned on the news I heard that a Boeing 737 of Turkish Airlines has crashed during its landing on the Polderbaan. It missed the landing strip and landed in a field between highway A9 and the Polderbaan.



The Polderbaan is a landing strip at 5 km distance of where I live. The plain is broken in several pieces. I don’t know how many people are injured and if people died.
We have often seen “almost crashes” it was just a matter of time. I am glad that I wasn’t a witness of this terrible accident.



.This is a picture of a plain heading to Schiphol using the Polderbaan.

I’ll keep you informed

Update: The plain is broken into 3 pieces, 9 people didn’t survive the crash and several are severe injured. Ambulances can come close to scene because the plain is laying in an acre. (ground meant for agriculture purpose), paramedics have to carry people out of the plain to the ambulances. People are moved to a village nearby where they established an emergency shelter.




Schiphol Airport Area

View Larger Map

I wish those who were in this crash, family, friends, paramedics and witnesses a lot of strenght to cope with horrible accident.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home