©twocats-miaow

a blog in the English language especially for my English speaking friends all over the world. This Blog is best viewed in a Mozilla Browser. For some strange reason, Internet Explorer is messing up my site. If you scroll down, you can read the blogs I already wrote. Thank you ;)

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Paul Robeson



Every Sunday morning I listen to the Sandwich, one of my favourite radio programs. Today I heard Ol' man river of Paul Robeson. This singer is one of my mum's favourites and me.
For years I searched for a cd of him, and finally I found it, and gave as a present to my mum, she was very surprised and glad with it.

Paul Robeson used to be a great artist, but was banned by the American politics for his fight against about racial issues and his affinity for Communist ideas. This was during the cold war. It's a shame that this artist didn't get the credits he truly should have received.
He died in 1976

Learn more about Paul Robeson: click here




Powered by ScribeFire.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home