©twocats-miaow

a blog in the English language especially for my English speaking friends all over the world. This Blog is best viewed in a Mozilla Browser. For some strange reason, Internet Explorer is messing up my site. If you scroll down, you can read the blogs I already wrote. Thank you ;)

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Wheelchair training


Monday I had my first lesson at the RCA (Rehabilitation Centre Amsterdam) Although I have a wheel-chair for over ten years, I never learned how to balance and take steep sidewalks. I am scared to fall backwards. I once fell over and from that moment I am scared to top over again. Maybe I should where a pletterpet (safety helmet) hahaha


When I got this new wheel-chair I decided that it was time to learn those skills. I saw how easy some of the wheeler took steep sidewalks and balanced on their two wheels.

The guy who delivered my chair is also a wheeler. He 's a real sportsman, plays tennis and skies. He told me that the RCA could learn me to defeat my fear. So I went to my GP, he wrote a letter and I could see a doctor at the RCA. Dûh, I only want to take wheel-chair training, no need to see a doctor. :(
Hmm, it had to go like this otherwise the health assurance would not cover it. Together we (Peggy and I) went to see the circus. I had to answer a bunch of questions, and finally the doctor examined me. She gave permission to take wheel-chair training and do sports. Those things make me real nerves, so I giggled a lot ;)

Will be continued.

I have to go now for my second lesson ;) and have an intake at the sports centre as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home